Update on flooded highwaysPublished 9:34am Monday, September 27, 2010
The Minnesota Department of Transportation advises motorists to use caution in southeastern Minnesota due to flooding. Several highways have water over the road and some are closed at this time. Many highways are also opening up as flood waters subside.
Two highways reopened today: Highway 19 in Northfield over the Cannon River and Highway 20 from Highway 19 to Goodhue County Road 86 in Cannon Falls.
These highways reopened during the weekend:
• Highway 3 between Dundas and Faribault.
• Highway 105 between Mower County Road 5 and Mower County Road 6 (south of Austin).
• Highway 250 between Highway 30 and Highway 16 near Lanesboro .
These highways remain closed today:
• Northbound Highway 52 near Pine Island (south of Pine Island is now open).
• Highway 60 west of Zumbro Falls.
• Highway 63 in Wabasha County.
• Highway 65 (East Main Street) in Albert Lea at Clark Street.
• Highway 74 from County Road 30 (Beaver) to Weaver.