Weekend Planner: Fair events highlight weekendPublished 9:05am Thursday, August 4, 2011
The Freeborn County Fair continues this week with grandstand entertainment and musicians featured at Entertainment Square. A feature on the new Touch of Broadway shows at the fair can be found on the Front Page of today’s edition.
• Joe Nichols performs at 8:30 p.m. at the Freeborn County Fair Grandstand.
• Albert Lea’s City Golf Championship begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m. Sunday. Entry fee is $55 for all flights. Trophies will be awarded to men’s champion, ladies champion and men’s senior champion. On Saturday there will be medal play at Wedgewood Cove Golf Club. The tournament continues Sunday at 8 a.m. at Green Lea Golf Course with other competitions. Call Green Lea at 373-1061 or Wedgewood Cove at 373-2007 for more information.
• The Albert Lea Farmers Market starts at 9 a.m. and goes until noon in the North Broadway Avenue parking lot.
• Sean Benz, known as a young Johnny Cash, will perform with the DC Drifters at 7:30 p.m. at the Paramount Theatre in Austin. Tickets are $10 in advance or $12 at the door.
• Finger Eleven performs at 8:30 p.m. at the Freeborn County Fair Grandstand.
• Sunday worship service at the fair will begin at 10 a.m. There will be free admission to the fair before 10 a.m.
• See local people compete in a talent show at Entertainment Square at the fair at 1 p.m.
• The Demo Derby will start at 4 p.m. at the Freeborn County Fair Grandstand.