Progress: The joys of local tourismPublished 2:16pm Wednesday, May 23, 2012
TravelIowa.com is the website where the Iowa Tourism Office lists things to do, attractions, landmarks, recreation and historical routes.Greenwich
Here are attractions listed for Lake Mills and Northwood:
• Country School Museum, Lake Mills.
• Family Aquatic Center, Lake Mills.
• Promise of America Monument, Lake Mills.
• Top of Iowa Welcome Center, Northwood.
• Worth County Historical Society Museum, Northwood.
Here are some gems within driving distance:
• Hobo Museum & Hobo Gift Shop, Britt.
• Lady of the Lake, Clear Lake.
• Winnebago Industries Visitor Center, Forest City.
• Fort Musuem & Frontier Village, Fort Dodge.
• Lime Creek Nature Center, Mason City.
• Fossil & Prairie Park, Rockford.
• St. Ansgar Heritage Museum.
• Arnolds Park Amusement Park.
• Ice Cream Capital of the World Visitor Center, Le Mars.
• Red Barn Model Railroad Museum, Dundee.
• Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum, Decorah.
• Little Brown Church, Nashua.