Weekend Planner: Fashions Through the Years style show is SaturdaPublished 9:56am Thursday, June 21, 2012
A fashion show featuring clothes from many eras will be Saturday at the Freeborn County Historical Museum. The Fashions Through the Years show starts at 10 a.m., with a brunch at 9:30 a.m.
Tickets are $15 and must be purchased in advance at the museum, the Albert Lea-Freeborn County Chamber of Commerce, the Albert Lea Convention and Visitors Bureau, Mary-Go-Round Shoppe or Addie’s Floral & Gifts. Vintage attire is optional, and proceeds benefit the museum’s building expansion fund.
Kiester Days also starts today and continues throughout the weekend. Find more information and a schedule of events on Page 5.
• The Freeborn County Historical Museum hosts a Fashions Through the Years show at 9:30 a.m.
• The Sample Saturday Series features yoga classes at 10 a.m. at Bancroft Bay Park.
• Jason Willis hosts a book signing from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Book World in the Northbridge Mall.
• Jamie and Cody perform at 1 p.m. at Northbridge Mall. There’s no cost to listen to the music.
• The Freeborn County Historical Museum hosts a free presentation at 2 p.m. The presentation consists of photos of Freeborn County’s past and is funded by Minnesota’s Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund. Doors open at 1:45 p.m.