St. John’s AuxiliaryPublished 8:45am Friday, July 6, 2012
St. John’s Auxiliary met at 2 p.m. June 18 in St. John’s Chapel.
President Carol Rask welcomed the group. Devotions were given by the Rev. Jeff Laeger-Hagemeister. Becky Nordland, on piano, led the group in singing “He’s Got the Whole World In His Hands,” “I Love To Tell the Story” and ‘The Birthday Song.”
Volunteer Coordinator Carla Reichel reported 871 volunteer hours for May. Day care has 49 hours, there were three You & Me Clubs and three sing-alongs.
Activities Director Diane Wichmann announced the upcoming July events including:
• July 2: The amazing hula hoopers at 10 a.m.
• July 3: Residents would ride in the 6 p.m. parade.
• July 5, 12 and 19: Water ski shows at 6:30 p.m.
• July 8: 1 p.m. Branson show at Albert Lea High School.
• July 13: Singing cowgirl Lisa Murphy will perform at 10:30 a.m.
• July 21: Sunshine Tractor Parade at 9:30 a.m.
• July 24: Family planting night from 4 to 7 p.m.
• July 26: The 6th annual garden and antique tractor show with music from Dale Martell from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
Vice President Caroline Sorenson read the names of residents celebrating June birthdays including: Rex Clay, Esther Dawson, Esther VanRavenhorst, Gerald Rollinger, Robert Dowd, Jacqueline Richie, Nadine Broitzman, Violet Iverson, Manly Bakken, Marilyn Johnson, Delores Jacobs, Peter Golkin, Anne Lehman and Doris Johnson.
The following churches were thanked for serving Sunday coffee in June: Salem Lutheran and Emmons Lutheran.
The program was provided by Emma Behling, granddaughter of Sorenson. Behling played piano including music from “The Sound of Music,” and songs like “Memory,” “My Heart Will Go On” and “Chim Chim Cher-ee,” among others.
Refreshments, including rhubarb cake, were provided by 2nd South and St. John’s Dietary Department. The meeting was closed with the Lord’s Prayer.