Task force gives drug citationsPublished 9:46am Friday, September 7, 2012
GENEVA — Members of the South Central Drug Task Force cited a dozen people with possession of marijuana or drug paraphernalia Thursday during a heightened enforcement in the Freeborn County roads near Harmony Park in Geneva.
Freeborn County Sheriff Bob Kindler said there have been several incidents involving drug activity at the park this summer, including overdoses.
“This is an effort to try to curtail some of the drug traffic and sales,” Kindler said.
This weekend is one of the park’s biggest events of the summer, called Shangri-La, presented by WookieFoot.
The task force, made up of deputies from Waseca, Faribault, Steele and Freeborn counties, along with several police departments, monitored roads mainly between Ellendale and Clarks Grove.
According to Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office reports, the following were cited:
• Tristan Von Ellis was cited with no proof of insurance and a small amount of marijuana, after a traffic stop on Freeborn County Road 35 at 7:59 p.m. Thursday. Also cited during the stop was Eric Michael Swanby for drug paraphernalia.
• Nathan Daniel Lewis, 21, was cited for marijuana in a motor vehicle and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop on Freeborn County Road 45 south of Geneva at 1:59 p.m. Thursday.
• William J. Wright, 31, Andrew Richard Carlson, 35, and Jessica Marie Offerman, 22, were cited for open bottle violations and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop near the intersection of Freeborn County Road 45 and 300th Street at 2:16 p.m. Thursday.
• Jonathan David Beauchane, 26, and Kaare Floyd Watkins Melby, 26, were cited for possession of a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 79503 298th St., Clarks Grove, at 3:13 p.m. Thursday.
• Noah James Bullard, 24, and David Andrew Daley, 26, were cited for drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 415 W. Main St., Geneva, at 4:09 p.m. Thursday. Bullard was also cited for possession of marijuana.
• Karrin Marie Collins, 21, was cited for a small amount of marijuana and driving after suspension at an auto repair shop in Geneva at 4:32 p.m. Thursday.
• Ashley Beth Comstock, 21, was cited for a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop near the intersection of Freeborn County Road 45 and 310th Street.
People cited had to first be pulled over for some type of traffic violation.
The extra enforcement continues through today.