Weekend Planner: A-C High to put on one-act playsPublished 9:43am Thursday, November 1, 2012
Alden-Conger’s drama department will show two separate one-act plays this weekend at the school. The shows are “As the Bard Turns” and “The Old Folks’ Home.”
Show times are at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and at 2 p.m. Sunday. Cost is $6 for adults and $4 for students. The plays will be held in the gym at Alden-Conger School.
• Hollandale Christian School holds its annual fall supper from 4 to 7 p.m. See the Front Page of today’s edition for more information.
• A holiday wine and beer tasting will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Wedgewood Cove Golf Club. For a $20 donation, people can taste more than 70 different drinks. All proceeds go to the United Way of Freeborn County. There will also be a silent auction.
• Ascension Lutheran Church will host its Time and Talent Bazaar at the church at 1101 Highway 69 South. Morning coffee will be from 8 to 10:30 a.m., and lunch will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• A Christmas craft and bake sale will be held at the Glenville Community Center from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Items like homemade jewelry, quilts, aprons, wreaths and much more will be available.
• The Albert Lea farmers market will move to the Northbridge Mall. It will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• The Glenville Area Women of Today host a fundraiser luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Glenville American Legion. Donations will be accepted. Menu includes sloppy joes, chips, bars and water.
• The Marion Ross Performing Arts Center hosts a tribute to Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper at 7:30 p.m.
• Eddie’s Bar in Albert Lea will hold a Halloween party complete with a costume contest at midnight on Saturday.
• Dave Vaagen will play from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Northbridge Mall in Albert Lea. The concert is free and open to the public.