Elvis impersonator coming to Albert LeaPublished 11:00am Thursday, January 10, 2013
Elvis is coming to Albert Lea, well, an Elvis impersonator, that is.
Joe Sir, who presents a musical tribute to Elvis Presley, will perform his show along with the DC Drifters at the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center this Saturday.
The tribute show covers the different periods of Elvis’ career, including the ’50s, his ’68 comeback special and his gospel music, as well as his record-breaking years in Las Vegas.
The show starts at 7:30 p.m.; tickets are $18 and can be purchased by calling 877-730-3144 or at www.actonbroadway.com. Both Sir and the DC Drifters will also be performing at the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake later this month.
• The 29th annual Geneva Cancer Auction kicks off at 7 p.m. at the Geneva Bar & Grill. The event continues Saturday and on Jan. 18 and 19. Donated items will be auctioned each night, and proceeds go through the Albert Lea Eagles to the Eagles Cancer Telethon based out of Rochester.
• The Geneva Cancer Auction event continues at 2 p.m. at the Geneva Bar & Grill. The auction will also continue next weekend, Jan. 18 and 19. At 5 p.m., people can donate their hair to Locks of Love right at the venue in downtown Geneva.
• See an Elvis Presley impersonator and the DC Drifters at 7:30 p.m. at the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $18.
• The Glenville American Legion will host a pancake breakfast and bake sale from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Proceeds go to a proposed World War II memorial at the Bohemian Cemetery near Myrtle. Two of the three World War II veterans who spearheaded the memorial idea will be present at the breakfast.
• Northbridge Mall hosts a bridal expo from noon to 5 p.m., with two fashion shows at 1:30 and 3 p.m. The expo will have numerous vendors and prizes.