Orchestra cancels concerts into MarchPublished 3:45pm Saturday, January 19, 2013
ST. PAUL — Management at the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra has canceled all concerts through March 23 as the lockout of musicians continues.
SPCO President Dobson West said in a statement Thursday that musicians and management held off-the-record discussions earlier this month but reached no agreement.
Negotiators for the musicians then said they have decided not to honor a media blackout requested by a federal mediator, though they’re ready and willing to keep talking.
Musicians negotiator Lynn Erickson said money isn’t the main issue.