Weekend PlannerPublished 11:01am Thursday, January 31, 2013
Hotel California, an Eagles tribute band, will rock the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center this Sunday.
There will be two shows with one at 2 p.m. and another at 7:30 p.m. The tribute band draws crowds by playing all the different Eagles styles like new country, classic rock and dance. The show will feature hits like “Life In the Fast Lane,” “Take It Easy,” “Desperado” and more. The group also performs select titles from the solo works of Eagles members Don Henley, Glen Frey and Joe Walsh.
Tickets are $20 and are available by calling the box office at 877-730-3144.
• Sibley Elementary School students help present Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre’s “Aladdin and His Magic Lamp” at 7 p.m. at Southwest Middle School’s Little Theater.
• The seventh annual Albert Lea Hockey Day will be at the City Arena all day. There will be skills competitions and games throughout the day. A raffle drawing will be at 3 p.m.
• Northbridge Mall hosts the Tiger City Farm, Toy, Truck & Collectible Show from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. A silent auction will also benefit the Don Gross Memorial Fund.
• Sibley Elementary School students help present Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre’s “Aladdin and His Magic Lamp” at 10:30 a.m. at Southwest Middle School’s Little Theater.
• The Full Draw Archery Club holds a 3-D tournament from 5 to 10 p.m. upstairs in the Knutson Building on Newton Avenue in Albert Lea. The event continues Sunday.
• Albert Lea’s Moose Lodge hosts a burger basket fundraiser for the Albert Lea Youth Hockey Association from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Cost is $7.
• Albert Lea’s Calvary Baptist Church hosts dessert theater at 7 p.m. Dessert will be served after the play “’Til Death.” Tickets are $10 and are available at Calvary Baptist or First Baptist churches, at Cup of Faith and at the door.
• A fundraiser pancake breakfast will be from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the American Legion Club in Albert Lea. The event supports the Full Draw Archery Club. Cost is $7 for adults and free for children age 7 and younger.
• The Full Draw Archery Club’s 3-D tournament continues from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Knutson Building on Newton Avenue in Albert Lea.
• Northbridge Mall hosts the Tiger City Farm, Toy, Truck & Collectible Show continues from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Albert Lea artists display their work at the Austin Area Art Center in Austin’s Oak Park Mall. An open house for the public to meet the artists will be from 1 to 3 p.m. The title of the show is “On the Road to Austin.” The exhibit opened Wednesday and continues through Feb. 24.