Historical fair coming to Northbridge MallPublished 11:13am Thursday, February 7, 2013
The 20th annual Big Island Rendezvous Historical Fair will be this weekend at Northbridge Mall in Albert Lea.lights
There will be more than 40 vendor tables featuring pottery, woodworking, iron work, art, jewelry, colonial crafts and more. Workshops will be held featuring spinning, natural dyes, shoe making and fabric printing.
The fair starts at 10 a.m. Saturday and continues until 6 p.m. Sunday the event goes from noon to 5 p.m.
The public is welcome to attend this free event.
• The annual Minnesota State Spring Barrow Show begins at 8 a.m. at the Freeborn County Fairgrounds. The event continues all day before the annual rib donor banquet at 7 p.m. at Wedgewood Cove.
• Lakeview Elementary School students, along with staff from Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre, present “Jack at the Beanstalk” at 7 p.m. at Southwest Middle School’s Little Theater. Cost is $5 for adults and free for students.
• Lakeview Elementary School students, along with staff from Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre, present “Jack at the Beanstalk” at 9 a.m. at Southwest Middle School’s Little Theater. Cost is $5 for adults and free for students.
• Albert Lea’s Daybreakers Kiwanis group is hosting a fish fry event that will raise funds for scholarships for local high school seniors. The event, which includes a complete fish dinner and dessert, will be from 4:30 to 7 p.m. at the Albert Lea American Legion. Cost is $10 for adults and $6 for children age 10 and younger.
• Central Freeborn Lutheran Church hosts its F.R.O.G. Valentine’s party from 6 to 9 p.m. at the church. At 6 p.m. will be pizza and fellowship, followed by Norwegian bingo. Then there will be an ice cream dessert while participants make Valentine’s for shut-ins. Cost is $5 and you must bring a white elephant item. RSVP to 373-8655 or 826-3267.
• A pancake breakfast benefit will be from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the American Legion in Alden. The breakfast benefits Cole Soost, a 3 1/2 month old boy who was diagnosed with diabetes insipidus. Proceeds go toward the family’s medical expenses.
• An open house for the Albert Lea Art Center’s annual All Member Show will be from 1 to 3 p.m. The event is free and open to the public; refreshments will be served.