Alden-Conger will present ‘Cinderella: the Enchanted Edition’Published 11:55am Thursday, February 28, 2013
ALDEN — Alden-Conger’s Drama Department presents “Cinderella: the Enchanted Edition” this weekend at the school.
Students will perform the Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II musical on the stage in the Alden-Conger School gymnasium.
Shows will be at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and at 2 p.m. on Sunday. Cost is $6 for adults and $4 for students and senior citizens.
• A Meet the Met will be from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. at Prairie Wind Coffee to discuss the Saturday showing of “Parsifal.”
• A live high-definition transmission of the Met Opera’s “Parsifal” will begin at 11 a.m. at the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center. The approximate running time is five hours and 45 minutes. Tickets are $20 for general admission, $18 for ACT or Civic Music members and $12 for students.
• The Lighthouse Event Center is hosting Claudia Schmidt, a musician who has been performing acoustic music for almost four decades, at 7:30 p.m. She sings and uses a 12-string guitar and mountain dulcimer to perform a collection of original, traditional and contemporary writing. Tickets are $15 in advance from Marshall Street Music, Hy-Vee or Stadheim Jewelers in Albert Lea and at Coffee House on Main in Austin or $20 at the door.
• A pancake and French toast breakfast sponsored by Alden-Conger youth football will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Alden-Conger School. Donations will be accepted. Menu includes pancakes, French toast, egg bake, sausage, milk, juice and coffee. Funds raised will go to new football equipment.
• Moscow Lutheran Church will host a pie and ice cream social from 1 to 4 p.m.; donations will be accepted. Proceeds benefit the church’s siding project. Find the church by going four miles east of Hollandale on Highway 251 and two miles south on 870th Avenue.
• The open house for the Albert Lea Art Center’s Elementary and Secondary Student Art Show will be from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Northbridge Mall. The show continues through March 22.