Big band music, Easter festivities planned for weekendPublished 9:31am Thursday, March 28, 2013
Swing into spring with the music of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and more tunes from the big band era in Albert Lea this Saturday.
Tim Patrick and his Blue Eyes Band will headline the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $20.
Patrick has won the Rising Star Award for Best Jazz Singer in North America and three of his CDs are playing on radio stations around the world, according to his website. He performs the music of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Michael Buble, Mel Tormé and similar songs of the golden age of jazz and swing.
• The Albert Lea Parks and Recreation Department hosts an Easter egg hunt at City Arena. Children ages 4 and younger and special-needs children can join the hunt starting at 9:30 a.m. All other ages of children start promptly at 10 a.m. The event is free.
• Hy-Vee is hosting an Easter egg hunt at 10 a.m. with gift bags for all participants. There will be more than 200 eggs hidden in the aisles, and grand prizes include tickets to Noah’s Ark and Adventureland.
• The Southern Gateway Chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association hosts a fundraiser event starting at 5 p.m. at the Albert Lea American Legion. There will be hamburger, chicken strip and bratwurst baskets for $8 from 5 to 8 p.m. A gun raffle will be held, and the public is invited to the event. Funds raised go toward local projects.
• Tim Patrick and his Blue Eyes Band perform jazz music at the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $20.
• Wedgewood Cove Golf Club has an Easter brunch menu from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 373-2007 for reservations.
• The Big Island Grille & Bar hosts an Easter dinner buffet from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Call 373-6471 for reservations.
• The Trail’s Family Restaurant has an Easter meal available with serving starting at 11 a.m.
• Trumble’s has a special Easter menu, along with their regular menu, and their hours are 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.