Disney hits are on display Sat. at Albert Lea High SchoolPublished 10:44am Thursday, April 4, 2013
A show choir showcase, featuring a dozen Disney hits, is coming to Albert Lea.
At 7 p.m. Saturday, the public can see three show choirs from Albert Lea and Waseca at Albert Lea High School’s auditorium.
Performing will be SASS, the all-female show choir made up of eighth- through 10th-graders from ALHS. Also performing is Albert Lea High School’s ‘CAT’aclysmic show choir and the State Street Singers from Waseca High School. The ‘CAT’aclysmic show choir will perform a medley of about a dozen Disney tunes that are sure to please the crowd.
This will be the only fundraiser for the show choir this year. Tickets are $5 and will be available at the door. A supper will be served at 6 p.m. in the commons area. Menu includes sloppy joes, salad, chips and cookies; the dinner costs $5.
• Albert Lea High School’s girls’ track and field team will host a burger basket fundraiser at Albert Lea’s Moose Lodge from 5 to 7 p.m. Cost is $7 per person.
• Glenville’s American Legion will host a barbecue chicken and rib supper to benefit the Myrtle Fire Department from 5 to 8:30 p.m. The barbecue is prepared by Smokin’ Bros BBQ. Cost is $12, and all proceeds go toward the payment of the new pumper truck for the fire department.
• A Dad’s Belgian Waffles feed benefitting Freeborn County 4-H will be from 7:30 a.m. to noon at the Fairlane Building at the Freeborn County Fairgrounds. Cost is $7.50 for adults and $5 for youth. The annual breakfast raises money for scholarships for all youth who attend 4-H leadership opportunities.
• Northbridge Mall hosts the Taste of Heritage from 1 to 3 p.m. There will be free live entertainment, displays of heritage, food samples and games for kids.
• Albert Lea High School hosts a show choir showcase at 7 p.m. in the auditorium. A dinner will be served at 6 p.m. before the show in the commons.
• The Walters firefighters annual Ultimate Firefighter Feast will be from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Walters Fire Hall. Menu includes made-to-order omelets, French toast, pancakes, eggs, sausage and beverage. Cost is $8 for adults and $5 for children age 8 and younger.
• A pancake breakfast benefitting Senior Resources and the Albert Lea Senior Center will be from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Bonnerup Funeral Service in Albert Lea. Donations will be accepted. Menu includes Denny Brue’s famous pancakes, sausage, eggs, coffee, juice and milk.
• A VFW breakfast honoring Vietnam War veterans will be from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Albert Lea American Legion. Menu includes pancakes, sausage, eggs, potatoes, juice and milk. Cost is $7 for adults and free for children age 6 and younger. Photo displays of local heroes will be at the event for viewing.
• The Flying Lea Disc Golf Club is kicking off the disc golf season with the Bag Tag Safari Opener by playing a course at Bancroft Bay Park out of the normal order. The entry fee is a $5 club membership. The outcome determines bag tag order. Registration is 9 to 9: 30 a.m., with a tee time of 10 a.m.