A dazzling show headed to Albert Lea this SaturdayPublished 10:54am Thursday, May 30, 2013
Prepare to be dazzled. The Dazzle Magic & Variety Road Show is coming to the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center.
The 80-minute show opens at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and features Dave Holly and Zac Tenneboe. There will be magic, comedy, illusion, singing, mind-reading and celebrity impressions.
Tickets are $13. The box office is open from 4 to 6 p.m. today and at 5 p.m. Saturday.
• The Albert Lea fireworks fundraiser will begin at 6 a.m. and last until 3:30 p.m. at the corner of Broadway and Main Street. The goal is $16,000 for this year’s Fourth of July fireworks.
• A salad luncheon, complete with sloppy joes and bars, will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Albert Lea. Cost is $6.50. There will also be a quilt raffle; tickets are $5 for one or $10 for three.
• A garage sale from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. is hosted by the Albert Lea Youth Soccer Association to raise money for new soccer fields. It will be held at the floral building at the Freeborn County Fairgrounds. Most items will be half price after 3 p.m.
• The Albert Lea Farmers Market will be open from 9 a.m. to noon in the North Broadway parking lot.
• Open Streets Albert Lea will be from 10 a.m. to noon. Events on Bridge Avenue include geocaching, yoga and Zumba demonstrations, chalk art and a scavenger hunt, among other activities. The family bike safety rodeo will be from 9 to 11 a.m. at Brookside Education Center. Other activities are planned at the Brookside Boathouse.
• Harmony Junction will host two performances, at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m., at the Southwest Little Theater. The theme for this year’s show is “Applause!” Tickets are $12 and are available at the door. The St. Croix Crossing will be a guest quartet at the concert.
• The Alden American Legion Post No. 404 hosts a breakfast from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Menu includes pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage links, milk, juice and coffee for $5. Children under age 6 get in free.