Bricelyn festival kicks off FridayPublished 9:28am Wednesday, July 3, 2013
BRICELYN — The 56th annual Fourth of July Celebration in this community starts Friday and will feature activities for all ages.
Events kick off with a pie and ice cream social from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at the Bricelyn Senior Center. Friday also marks the first day of a medallion hunt.
New on Saturday will be a car, tractor and motorcycle show from noon to 4 p.m., with a parade at 1 p.m.
Also on Saturday, there will be the Ron Sander Memorial Run, a parade, music in the park, a horse show, volleyball tournaments, a cribbage tournament and a chicken barbecue, among others.
In the park after the parade will be kids games, chainsaw carving demonstrations, a petting zoo and Sammy the Balloon Lady.
A variety show will be at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Bricelyn Lutheran Church, and fireworks will begin at dusk.
The weekend will close Sunday with a firemen’s pancake breakfast starting at 7:30 a.m. and a worship in the park at 9 a.m.
Friday, July 5
Rendezvous runs all weekend
Medallion hunt begins
• 7 to 8:30 p.m.: Pie and ice cream social at the Bricelyn Senior Center
• 8 p.m.: Music by Gus Courrier at the American Legion Club
• 8:30 to 11:30 p.m.: Late-night swim for teens
Saturday, July 6
• 8 a.m.: Ron Sander Memorial Run
• 9 a.m.: Volleyball tournaments
• 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Registration for the car, tractor and motorcycle show
• 12 p.m.- 4 p.m.: Car, tractor and motorcycle show
• 1 p.m.: Parade
• After parade: Horse show, music in the park with Dunnell Lenort and Good Times Band, a cribbage tournament, a petting zoo, chainsaw carving demonstrations, kids games and Sammy the balloon lady
• 2 to 8:30 p.m.: Pool will be open
• 4 p.m.: Chicken barbecue
• 7:30 p.m.: Variety show at Bricelyn Lutheran Church
• 8 p.m.: Music at the Legion featuring Walking Eagle band
• 9:30 p.m.: Patriotic tribute
• Dusk: Fireworks
Sunday, July 7
• 7:30 to 11 a.m.: Firemen’s pancake breakfast
• 9 a.m.: Worship in the park