Weekend Planner: Cherry Gun coming to NorthwoodPublished 9:30am Thursday, July 4, 2013
By Kelli Lageson
Albert Leans will be out and about for various Fourth of July events today — to be sure, fireworks are at dusk, and Northwood has a parade at 11 a.m. — but there are still a few activities scheduled for this weekend. Read on for more details.
A story about the Bricelyn Fourth of July Celebration appeared in the Wednesday edition.
• The Pelican Breeze II will hold a pizza cruise. The boat leaves at 6 p.m., and reservations are needed by 4 p.m. by calling Albert Lea Parks & Rec at 377-4370. Cost is $20, and Green Mill will be serving food and beverages.
• Northwood hosts the band Cherry Gun at 9 p.m. Prior to that at 6 p.m. there will be a pool party for all students under age 18 with music, games and food.
• The Albert Lea Farmers Market will be open from 9 a.m. to noon in the North Broadway parking lot.
• Northwood hosts the T.U.N.E. Firecraker Fun Run/Walk at 9 a.m. A horseshoe tournament and golf tournament will start at 1 p.m. Beer gardens on Central Avenue open at 6 p.m. and music by Rhino starts at 9 p.m.
• The Alden American Legion hosts a breakfast from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Cost is $5, and children age 6 and under get in free. Menu includes pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage links and beverage.
• A softball tournament begins at 9 a.m. in Northwood. The community’s ecumenical church service starts at 10:30 a.m.
• The Pelican Breeze II hosts a public cruise at 1:30 p.m. No reservations are needed, and cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children age 5 and younger.