OrganizationsPublished 6:51am Sunday, August 4, 2013
St. John’s Auxiliary
St. John’s Auxiliary met at 2 p.m. July 15 in St. John’s Chapel. Devotions were given by the Rev. Jeff Laeger-Hagemeister. Becky Nordland led the group on piano singing “My Faith Looks Up to Thee” and “Give to Our God Immortal Praise.”
Auxiliary Secretary Bonnie Schneider and Treasurer Lorraine Schaper gave their reports. The reports were approved as read.
Volutneer Coordinator Carla Reichel reported 726 volunteer hours for June. Day care had 25 hours, there were three You & Me clubs and one sing-along.
She also, in the absence of Activities Director Shirley Leeman, announced coming events for August. They are:
• Thursday was a sing-along with John Ulland
• Friday was Richie Z
• Tuesday: Performance by LA Sass
• Wednesday: Ride on the Pelican Breeze II
• Thursday: Chester Proctor
• Friday: Lonesome Ron country music
• Saturday: Music by Dunnell Lenort
• Aug. 12: 4-H county fair videos
• Aug. 13: Dancing Hearts
• Aug. 15: Volunteer recruitment and ice cream social
• Aug. 16: Cowboy Jim
• Aug. 19: Auxiliary meeting with Bev Jackson Cotter
• Aug. 23: Music by Kent Larsen
• Aug. 27: Dancing Hearts
• Aug. 30: Music by Loren Wolfe
Residents also had the chance to attend Senior Day at the Freeborn County Fair on Wednesday.
Vice President Jan Jerdee read the names of residents celebrating July birthdays and everyone sang “Happy Birthday.”
Churches thanked for serving Sunday coffee were: Mansfield Lutheran, Community Lutheran (twice) and Trinity Lutheran.
The program was provided by Emma Behling, a high school senior and granddaughter of past president Carol Rask. She played light classical music on the piano.
Refreshments were provided by St. John’s Dietary Department.
The meeting was adjourned with the Lord’s Prayer.