Musicians coming to the LighthousePublished 10:50am Thursday, September 12, 2013
Two special artists are gracing the stage in Albert Lea this Saturday.
Kevin Bowe and Andy Dee will perform at the Lighthouse Event Center at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Bowe is a songwriter, musician and producer from the Twin Cities. He has worked on Grammy-winning collaborations with Etta James, Jonny Lang, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and other artists. He recently opened for Ted Nugent, Styx and REO Speedwagon at Target Center.
Dee was formerly a member of Molly & The Heymakers. He plays lap steel, six-string bass, electric sitar and electric guitar.
Tickets are $15 in advance at Marshall Street Music, Hy-Vee or Stadheim Jewelers in Albert Lea and at Coffee House on Main in Austin; tickets are $20 at the door.
• Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 320 W. College St. in Albert Lea, will hold a bake sale and bazaar from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cost is $7. A raffle drawing will be at 1 p.m.; tickets for the raffle are $5 or three for $10.
• The Albert Lea Farmers Market will be open from 9 a.m. to noon at the North Broadway parking lot.
• The Upper Midwest Powerboat Association will hold boat races starting at 1 p.m. on Fountain Lake. Watch from Edgewater Bay, free of charge.
• The Alden American Legion hosts a steak fry from 5 to 8 p.m. Menu includes a 10-ounce ribeye, baked potato, cole slaw and garlic toast for $13.
• The Southern Gateway Chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association holds its annual banquet at the American Legion. A 6 p.m. social hour is planned before the 7 p.m. dinner. Cost is $55 for adults and $25 for spouses or $20 for children age 17 and younger.
• An amaranth pancake breakfast will be from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Masonic Lodge in Albert Lea. Menu includes pancakes, eggs, sausage and a beverage. Albert Lea High School cross country teams will wait tables. Proceeds go to scholarships for area youth.
• The annual Autumn in the Village event will be from noon to 4 p.m. at the Freeborn County Historical Musuem. There will be multiple live presentations in the village. Cost is $5 for adults, $1 for students, and members and children age 11 and younger get in free. The Grapevine Twist square dancers will perform from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m.