St. John’s benefit luncheon plannedPublished 10:20am Thursday, September 19, 2013
An event benefitting residents at St. John’s Lutheran Home is planned for this Sunday.
The St. John’s Auxiliary hosts the annual benefit luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the chapel. There is drive-thru service available at the chapel entrance.
Funds benefit residents and their programs such as gardening, Pelican Breeze outings and Christmas presents, among others.
Menu includes pulled pork sandwiches, salad, chips, pickles, beverages and dessert bars. Cost is $5 for adults and $2.50 for children ages 10 and younger.
• The Albert Lea Farmers Market will be open 9 a.m. to noon at the North Broadway parking lot.
• Bear Lake Concordia Lutheran Church hosts a salad luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The church is at 15554 690th Ave. Cost is $6 for adults, $2 for children ages 5 to 10 and free for preschool ages and younger. Menu includes salads, cold ham or turkey sandwiches and bars. There will be a bake sale, garden produce, crafts and raffles for gift certificates.
• The Brick Hall near Myrtle hosts a Czech Festival from noon to 6 p.m. There will be music by the Dan Stursa band from Owatonna, as well as dancing, a silent auction, raffle and other activities. There will be kolache and food by Smokin’ Bros BBQ. Admission is free, and proceeds from the activities go toward upkeep of the Brick Hall.
• The Freeborn County Historical Museum hosts a photo presentation of glimpses of Freeborn County from 2 to 4 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
• The 38th annual Pheasant & Habitat Banquet begins with a social hour at 5:30 p.m. before a 6:30 p.m. dinner. The $20 ticket includes the meal and a chance at 10 grand prizes. The event will be in the 4-H Building at the Freeborn County Fairgrounds.
• The Naeve Health Care Foundation hosts a gala starting at 6:30 p.m. at Wedgewood Cove Golf Club. The gala supports the foundation’s fundraising to help replace the call light system at Mayo Clinic Health System in Albert Lea.
• The Albert Lea American Legion hosts a pancake breakfast from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Menu includes pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit cup and a beverage. Cost is $7.
• The Church of All Saints in New Richland holds a fall festival. A polka Mass will be at 10 a.m. followed by a turkey dinner from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Cost is $8.50 for adults, $5 for children and free for preschool-age children. Then from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. there will be family fun including a silent auction, bingo, raffle and outdoor games.