Desserts, soups, sandwiches to be served at church fundraisersPublished 9:20am Wednesday, October 16, 2013
The following is a list of upcoming meals being served by area churches.
• Cross of Glory Lutheran Church in Hartland, will host its annual soup and dessert supper from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 6. The soups include chili, chicken noodle, potato ham and hobo. There will also be fresh bread, pie and dessert. The cost for adults is $7, children 6-12 are $3.50 and children five and under are free.
• Albert Lea Vineyard Church will hold a soup and pie luncheon from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 2 at the Albert Lea Senior Center in Skyline Plaza. The soups include chili, chicken noodle, chicken tortilla, broccoli and cheese and chicken and wild rice. The cost is $7 for adults, $3.50 for children 5-10 and children 4 and under are free.
• Lunder Lutheran Church will hold a salad luncheon with sloppy joes and a bake sale from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 19. The cost is $6 for adults, $3 for children and 5 and under are free.
• Hartland Evangelical Lutheran Church, 404 Broadway in Hartland, will hold a soup and dessert supper from 4 to 7 p.m. Oct. 28. The menu includes chili, chicken noodle soup, vegetable beef soup, potato ham soup and homebaked bread pies and desserts. The cost is $7 for ages 13 and older, $3 for ages 5-12 and children 4 and under are free. The bake sale is from 4 to 7 p.m. and an auction will begin at 7 p.m.
• The Greenwood Club will hold its 120th annual bazaar at First Lutheran Church in Glenville from 4 to 7 p.m. Oct. 24. The menu includes pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw, green beans and homemade cranberry relish. The cost is $7 for adults, $3 for children 10-12 and children 5 and under are free. The meal is a fundraiser for the upkeep of the cemetery.
• Concordia Pickerel Lake Lutheran Church will host a soup and pie supper from 4 to 7 p.m. Oct. 23. The soups will be clam chowder, chicken noodle, vegetable beef and chili. The cost is $7 for adults and $4 for children 5 to 10 years old. Children 4 years old and under are free.
• Hollandale Christian School will host its fall supper from 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 1. The supper is a fundraiser for the school and is free will donation. The menu includes ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, Chinese salad, carrots, baked apples and desserts. Hollandale Christian School is located at 203 Central Ave., Hollandale.
• Moscow Lutheran Church, 25965 870th Ave., Austin, will host Hunter’s lunch and bake sale at the Moscow Town Hall from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 9. The menu includes chili, sandwiches, homebaked goodies, coffee and donuts.