‘Frankenstein’ to show at theaterPublished 9:54am Thursday, January 16, 2014
National Theatre Live’s 2011 broadcast of “Frankenstein,” directed by Danny Boyle with Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller, will be shown twice this weekend at the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center.
Showtime is 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $20 for adults and $12 for students. Half of each ticket sold goes to the local theater showing the production.
The show had a sellout run at the National Theatre; Cumberbatch and Miller won the 2012 Olivier Award for Best Actor. The two alternated the roles as Victor Frankenstein in Boyle’s production.
Boyle is an award-winning director who won Academy Awards for “Slumdog Millionaire” and was nominated for “127 Hours” and “Trainspotting.”
• There will be a winter carnival at St. John’s Lutheran Community at 2 p.m.
• “Outdoor Rock on Ice” will happen at Academy Park from 7 to 9 p.m.
• DeAnn Randolf Karaoke will be at the Albert Lea Eagles club in the evening.
• Karaoke with Laurie will be at the Albert Lea American Legion from 8 p.m. to midnight.
• Megaforce Karaoke will be at the Albert Lea Moose Club at 7 p.m.
• Entertainment will be provided by “Full House” in the evening at the Albert Lea Eagles Club.
• Terry-Okie will be at the Albert Lea Moose Club at 7 p.m.
• The Minnesota Adult and Teen Challenge Choir will sing at 9 a.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church.
• The Albert Lea Art Center will host its All-Member Show open house from 1 to 3 p.m.
• The Masonic Lodge will host an amaranth pancake breakfast from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Albert Lea cross country teams will wait tables. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, orange juice and coffee will be served.
• The Alano Society of Albert Lea will serve breakfast from 8 a.m. to noon. Cost is $6 per person. Pancakes, French toast, eggs, toast, hashbrowns, sausages, juice and coffee will be served.