Underage drinking party nets 20 citations, arrestsPublished 9:47am Tuesday, March 4, 2014
A drinking party at 911 S. Newton Ave on Friday night resulted in 20 citations or arrests, according to Albert Lea police.
Police received a report of a possible juvenile drinking party at 11:58 p.m. Friday at the address.
Albert Lea Police Department Lt. J.D. Carlson said when police arrived, people were running from the house and climbing over the fence.
Police found one person hiding in the basement and another upstairs in the house, and another person was found passed out in a room, Carlson said.
Thirteen juveniles, ranging in age from 13 to 17, were cited for underage drinking, along with the following adults:
• Delmer George Weiss Robbins, 20, of Albert Lea for social host ordinance violation, underage drinking and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Justice Michael Jefferey Pritchard, 18, of Albert Lea, for social host ordinance violation and underage drinking.
• Luis Angel Mercado, 19, of Albert Lea, for underage drinking.
• Mia Dynae Verlade, 18, of Austin, for underage drinking.
• John Paul Laganiere, 19, of Albert Lea, for obstructing the legal process, disorderly conduct and underage consumption.
• Michale Allen Dieser, 24, of Austin, for underage drinking and providing false information to a police officer.
• Willie James Britten III, 24, of Albert Lea, for social host ordinance and disorderly conduct.
Hit-and-run crashes reported
Albert Lea police received a report of a hit-and-run crash at 9:30 a.m. Monday at 1701 W. Main St.