Notes From Home
I reach into the mailbox, hoping, hoping it will be a good day, but no, once more the words and pictures scream at me. Read more
A scientist on TV describes something she believes is happening to the Earth. She’s got this theory that big plates of rock slide around deep ... Read more
Two weeks ago my oldest daughter got married. It was a — belatedly — emotional experience for me (read last Friday’s column). Read more
In the life of a family, there are moments where time and experience and emotion get all bound up with each other. Read more
- What if we said yes to Democrats? | 2 comments
- Proud parents take son to college
- Why does Bachmann keep getting elected?
- Voters need to focus on Congress
- Yesteryear stories of summer travel
- The Twin Cities need to be destroyed
- What about Trayvon Martin’s ground?
- High in the Cascades, humanity’s impact
- Strangers crashed the family photo
- Memories are made best when in person