The crack of the bat is the quintessential sports sound. Whether metal or wood, that noise informs people throughout the neighborhood that a ballgame is ... Read more
Acting, directing, stage managing, costume designing, music making and the other theater jobs might sound like loads of fun — and, to be sure, it ... Read more
This winter’s weather has had me reading about worldwide weather patterns. Read more
Historians agree that civilization arose as a result of agriculture. But which crop was first? Read more
- China isn’t all about low wages
- Chemtrail theorists are true believers
- Truisms learned while playing disc golf
- That new iPad gadget is pretty spiffy
- Are you a good deipnosophist?
- It’s the sensational atomic flyswatter!
- Good tips from ‘The Careful Writer’
- It’s hard to be grown up around children
- The best websites, if you like to read
- When the courts fail, we all lose