Baby taken to hospital after house fire
Published 12:00 am Friday, September 14, 2001
A fire burned out residents of a house at 1801 Frank Hall Drive in Albert Lea on Thursday.
Friday, September 14, 2001
A fire burned out residents of a house at 1801 Frank Hall Drive in Albert Lea on Thursday. A baby suffered a minor injury.
Email newsletter signup
The Albert Lea Fire Department received a report of the fire around 9:32 a.m. The blaze seared about one fifth of the two-story house before it was extinguished by firefighters.
A 17-month-old baby sleeping in the bedroom inhaled smoke, and was taken to the hospital for treatment. The fire department said the injury was minor.
Three different households lived in the house. Three residents were at home at the time of the fire.
The department identified the origin of the flame was smoking material in the garbage placed in the garage.