Editorial: Roads measure has a lot of support
Published 12:00 am Friday, September 29, 2006
Minnesotans for Better Roads and Transit, the campaign group supporting the transportation amendment on the November ballot, issued a press release Thursday.
The release pointed out that the size of the coalition supporting the amendment now exceeds 1,000 organizations. It&8217;s a diverse group, too, with support from greater Minnesota and the metropolitan area.
Here&8217;s a sample of some supporters:
– Minnesota Corn Growers Association
– Minnesota Pork Producers Association
– Minnesota Soybean Growers Association
– Minnesota League of Conservation Voters
– Northstar Chapter of the Sierra Club
– Minnesota Senior Federation
– Minnesota State Troopers Association
– Minnesota Police Chiefs Association
– League of Minnesota Cities
– Sixty-four counties
– Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
– Minnesota Transportation Alliance
– AAA Minnesota/Iowa
– AFSCME Council 5
– Laborers District Council of Minnesota and North Dakota
There&8217;s more, obviously, but these give you an idea of the wide range of support for the amendment.
We&8217;ve already given the amendment our endorsement, and several other papers have, too.
So consider this a reminder: It&8217;s common sense. Transportation taxes should go to transportation. That&8217;s what we are voting on here. There&8217;s no increase.
So vote yes in November for the transportation amendment.