No cause in house fire yet

Published 8:49 am Thursday, April 14, 2011

No cause has been discovered for the fire that burned a house on Vine Avenue early Wednesday morning.

The residents of the burned house, Kris Schewe and Beth Sackson, survived the fire thanks to the rescue of the Kevin Clapper family next door.

Schewe and Sackson were renting the house from Schewe’s mother, Karen Kral.

Email newsletter signup

Anyone wishing to assist the family can reach the American Red Cross at 373-4544. The local chapter has begun to help the couple.

Schewe and Sackson were engaged to be wed Sept. 3. Neighbor Tina Clapper said Sackson lost all her wedding items. Twenty-seven-year-old Amber Steele, the daughter of Kevin and Tina Clapper, is putting together an effort to help with wedding items.

Look for more on the effort to help the couple in the Friday newspaper.

Tina Clapper also said she believes one of the cats might have survived the fire. Neighbors have put out food and water.

Two boys from the neighborhood, ages 7 and 8, brought an envelope to the Clappers to give to Schewe and Sackson.

About Tim Engstrom

Tim Engstrom is the editor of the Albert Lea Tribune. He resides in Albert Lea with his wife, two sons and dog.

email author More by Tim