Pioneers to arrive at Northbridge Mall
Published 10:05 am Thursday, February 9, 2012
The clock will turn back to the days of the pioneers Saturday at Northbridge Mall.
The public is invited to a free event from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday. The 19th annual Historical Faire will feature more than 40 tables of items for sale. Items include pottery, woodworking, ironwork, art, jewelry, colonial crafts and more. There will also be presentations on fabric printing, candle-making and the New Ulm Battery will be there as well. Pioneer Town will also be introduced for this year’s Big Island Rendezvous & Festival.
• The Albert Lea Township Fire Department will host a fundraiser from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the American Legion in Albert Lea. Menu options are hamburger, chicken strips or pulled pork, all served with fries, fixings and drink. Cost is $8. Proceeds will help pay for training and needed equipment.
• Wedgewood Cove Golf Club hosts the third annual Sweetheart Dance from 8 p.m. to midnight. Tickets are $15. The dance is a fundraiser for the Sons of Norway and for scholarships. There will be a silent auction, door prizes and more.
• The 19th annual Historical Faire will be held at Northbridge Mall from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Pheasants Forever will host a banquet starting at 5 p.m. at the Fairlane Building at the Freeborn County Fairgrounds. Admission includes dinner and chances at prizes. Contact 507-402-2901 for more information.
• The Masonic Lodge will host an Amaranth pancake breakfast from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the lodge at 147 N. Broadway Ave. Students from the Albert Lea High School music department will serve, and proceeds will go to local food shelves.
• United Methodist Church will hold what’s called the Sweethearts & Chocolate Dinner & Show from noon to 2 p.m. Tickets are $8.50.
• The 19th annual Historical Faire continues from noon to 4 p.m. at Northbridge Mall.
• Comedian Wild Bill Bauer will be featured at TB3’s Bar & Grill in Freeborn. From 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. there will be a candlelit meal featuring barbecue ribs, a coupon for one free drink and chocolate-covered strawberries. Bauer will perform at 7 p.m. Tickets are $28 and can be bought in advance.