Bridge sealing project begins June 4
Published 9:20 am Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Motorists can expect brief lane closures as crews seal joints and cracks on various bridges throughout Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Rice, Wabasha and Winona counties.
Flaggers will control traffic during the lane closures.
Interstate Improvement Inc. is the prime contractor for the project, which includes repairs on 65 different bridges on 11 highways:
Email newsletter signup
• Interstate 90 in Freeborn, Mower, Olmsted and Winona counties.
• Highway 63 in Fillmore, Olmsted and Wabasha counties.
• Highway 61 in Wabasha County.
• Highway 60 in Goodhue and Rice counties.
• Highway 58 in Goodhue County.
• Highway 57 in Dodge County.
• Highway 52 in Fillmore and Olmsted counties.
• Highway 43 in Fillmore and Winona counties.
• Interstate 35 in Freeborn and Rice counties.
• Highway 26 in Houston County.
• Highway 14 in Dodge County.
The joint and crack sealing project is scheduled to be complete by mid-August, weather permitting.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation urges motorists to always drive with caution, slow down in work zones and never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.