Freeborn County seeks nomination for Outstanding Senior Citizen Award
Published 9:09 am Friday, June 8, 2012
Nominations for county residents are now being sought for the 2012 Outstanding Senior Citizen Award for Freeborn County. The award recognizes outstanding senior citizens who have contributed their time and talent to benefit their community after reaching the age of 65. They will be honored at the Freeborn County Fair on Aug. 1.
The official nominations forms are available at: Senior Resources, 1659 W Main St., Skyline Plaza, Albert Lea at 377-7433 or the Freeborn County Fair office located on the Fairgrounds at 373-6965. Nomination form is also available online at www.mnstatefair.org; click on the “Recognition Programs” link at the bottom of the home page.
Email newsletter signup
• The nominee must be a resident of Minnesota.
• The nominee’s volunteer service must be accomplished after reaching age 66.
• Nominee must be age 70 by June 1.
• Nominee must currently do a volunteer activity that is unpaid and demonstrates commitment to their local community.
• A previous county winner not chosen as a state winner is eligible; however, a 2012 nomination form must be completed.
• You may only nominate one individual per nomination form. Couples nominations will be disqualified.
• Nominations must be submitted to the Freeborn County Fair office by July 6.
Winners will be selected and recognized at the local county fair. They will then be entered into the State Outstanding Senior Citizen Award competition. Outstanding seniors will be recognized for their service at the award ceremony at the State Fairgrounds on Senior Day, Aug. 30.