You Can Help

Published 9:00 am Saturday, June 2, 2012

These are some of the volunteer opportunities currently open in Freeborn County. If you can help with any of them or would like to volunteer for others, call Pat Stumme, Retired and Senior Volunteer Program director, at Senior Resources, 377-7433.

Chore services: Volunteers are needed to help seniors do outside work like tilling gardens, raking lawns or washing the outsides of windows. These are one-time events that would be good for a family or small group to volunteer together. You can call 377-7433 or 800-642-1875 to lend a hand and a smile.

County museum: Bakers are asked to share a couple dozen goodies for this summer’s museum events and tour groups. Please call the museum office at 373-8003 to let them know you can be counted on as a baker.

Email newsletter signup

Seeking outstanding senior citizens: Let’s salute the super volunteering that a man or a woman 70 years old or older has contributed over their past five years of community involvement. Nominations are available at the Senior Resources office, Skyline Plaza, 1659 W. Main St., Albert Lea. Be sure to send them in by July 1 to the Freeborn County Fair Office, PO Box 128, Albert Lea, or call Roger Lonning at 507-391-0345.