Singer comes home to perform
Published 10:07 am Thursday, September 13, 2012
An Albert Lea native is coming home again, but this time to perform at the Lighthouse Event Center.
Jim Anthony will perform with Steve Parry at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Born and raised in Albert Lea, Jim Komoszewski began his musical journey by teaching himself to play guitar at age 17. Parry is from Stillwater. The two will sing about their stories of American life in a way that connects with audiences.
“This is two great singer-songwriters for the price of one — don’t miss this show,” Lighthouse owner Celeste Krause said.
Email newsletter signup
Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door. Advance tickets are available at Marshall Street Music, Hy-Vee and Stadheim Jewelers in Albert Lea and Coffee House on Main in Austin.
• Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Albert Lea hosts a bazaar and bake sale from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. A lunch of vegetable beef soup, sloppy joe, pie and coffee is available for $6.50. There will be a quilt raffle and many quilts for sale.
• Northbridge Mall hosts a harvest craft show from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Bear Lake Concordia Lutheran Church at 15554 690th Ave., Albert Lea, hosts a salad luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Menu includes salads, shredded pork sandwiches and desserts. Cost is $6 for adults, $2 for ages 5 to 10, and free for children under age 5. There will also be baked goods and crafts for sale.
• Northbridge Mall hosts a harvest craft show from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• The 37th annual Pheasant & Habitat Banquet of Freeborn County will start with a social hour at 5:30 p.m. and a dinner at 6:30 p.m. The $20 ticket includes the meal and a chance at 10 grand prizes. The event will be at the 4-H Building at the Freeborn County Fairgrounds. Call Irene Jones at 507-438-8493 for advance tickets.
• Jim Anthony and Steve Parry perform at 7:30 p.m. at the Lighthouse Event Center on Marshall Street in Albert Lea. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door.
• The Alano Society of Albert Lea hosts a pancake breakfast from 8 a.m. to noon at 1005 Ulstad Ave. Menu includes pancakes, French toast, eggs, hashbrowns, sausages, juice and coffee for $5 per person.
• Green Lea Golf Course hosts a three-man best shot tournament at 9 a.m.
• Northbridge Mall hosts a harvest craft show from noon to 5 p.m. Also see free live alternative acoustic music by Brandon John Ellis starting at 1 p.m.
• The Freeborn County Historical Museum hosts its Autumn in the Village event from noon to 4 p.m.
• See power boat races on Fountain Lake starting at noon.