Chip sealing begins
Published 10:54 am Friday, August 23, 2013
The chip seal contractors began placing the chip seal on streets in the West Fountain Street area on Thursday. They have placed temporary no parking signs in preparation for this work. Streets to be chip sealed are:
• Pleasant Avenue from Abbott Street to the cul-de-sac
• Abbott Street from Vine Avenue to the west end
Email newsletter signup
• John Farry Place from Vine Avenue to Summer Avenue
• Summer Avenue from Fountain Street to Abbott Street
• Autumn Street from Summer Avenue to Winter Avenue
• Dunham Street from Winter Avenue to Eighth Avenue
• Fountain Street from Minnesota Highway 13 to First Avenue
• Second Avenue from Fountain Street to West Main Street
• Fourth Avenue from Clark Street to Fountain Street
• Fifth Avenue from Fountain Street to the south end
• Sixth Avenue from Fountain Street to the south end
• Seventh Avenue from Fountain Street to the south end
• Eighth Avenue from Clark Street to Louis Street
• Ninth Avenue from Clark Street to Fountain Street
During chip sealing, crews coat the street with an asphalt emulsion and then place a protective layer of rock over the fresh oil.
The roadways will not be closed during the chip sealing process, but the city has asked for people to drive with care and use extra caution on these streets. There may be minor delays and disruptions in parking.
If there are any questions or concerns, contact Director of Public Works Steven Jahnke at 507-377-4325. For more information on the chip sealing process, visit www.cityofalbertlea.org.