A delectable frozen treat
By Renee Citsay
Renee Citsay lives and works in Albert Lea. She enjoys coming up with new recipes for homemade ice cream and other desserts to share with her family, friends and co-workers.
I have been making homemade ice cream for about seven years. I truly enjoy coming up with different recipes. Some of the ones I enjoy are banana nut with homemade caramel sauce, cheesecake, bourbon butter pecan, berry muffin top and peanut butter ice cream. I love taking samples to some of my clients and my friends at work. I hope you try and enjoy this recipe; it’s one of my favorites.
1 8-ounce block of cream cheese (room temperature)
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
1 cup of half and half
6 graham crackers
1. Put the cream cheese, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla in a blender. Mix until smooth.
2. Add the heavy whipping cream and the half and half, and mix until smooth. (1 to 2 minutes)
3. Chill your ice cream mixture in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
4. After chilling, pour this into your ice cream machine. Depending on your ice cream machine this can take 20 to 40 minutes.
5. Your ice cream is ready. Transfer into an ice cream container and add your crushed graham crackers.
You may add berries of your choice, caramel topping and pecans or just eat it plain.