Housing loans available
Published 12:30 pm Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Semcac, a community action agency serving southeastern Minnesota, has funds available through Minnesota Housing for housing rehabilitation loans for eligible homeowners in Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Rice, Steele, Wabasha and Winona counties, according to a press release. The loans have a 0% interest rate loan (no monthly payments) with a 15-year term or a 10-year term for mobile/manufactured homes in a mobile home park. Those who meet these requirements may be eligible to borrow up to $27,000 to complete improvements to their home:
• Must have owned and occupied the property as principal place of residence for the past six months
• Current with property taxes
Email newsletter signup
• Current with mortgage payments
• Have homeowners’ insurance on the property
• Have less than $25,000 in assets
• Have total gross household income within the income limits, which is 30% of Minneapolis/St. Paul
Properties in a reverse mortgage, trust or in a cooperative are not eligible.
For more information, contact Cindy Vitse at Semcac, PO Box 549, Rushford, MN 55971; 507 864-8207 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants are protected under the Data Privacy Act.