More details released about confirmed Freeborn County cases
Published 8:52 pm Friday, April 17, 2020
The Freeborn County Public Health Department released more information Friday evening about the 28 people in the county who have tested positive for COVID-19:
• Of the cases, 64% are female and 36% are male.
• Three have required hospitalization, and two have been in intensive care.
Email newsletter signup
• Nine of the patients no longer need to be isolated.
• The affected people have ranged in age from 4 years to 88 years, though the highest percentage is between the ages of 45 to 65. The department said 11 of the 28 are ages 45 to 64, eight are 20 to 44, six are 65 or older, one is 6 to 19 and two are 5 or younger.
• 75% had contact with a lab-confirmed case, while 18% did not and it is unknown for 7%.
• 86% said they had no recent travel, while 7% had recent travel, and it is unknown for 7%.
• 36% of cases are health care workers.
• 53% were likely exposed through a congregate living setting, whether a staff member or resident, while 21% came through exposure in the community with a known contact with a confirmed case and 18% came through exposure in the community with no known contact with a confirmed case.