Published 9:33 am Saturday, May 14, 2022
ALBERT LEA AREA SCHOOLS
Albert Lea, Minnesota
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Summary of School Board Minutes
The School Board of Independent School District 241 met in regular session on Monday, April 18, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. in the Board Room at Brookside Education Center, 211 West Richway Drive, Albert Lea, MN. School Board members present: Neal Skaar, Kim Nelson, Dave Klatt, Bruce Olson, Dennis Dieser, Angie Hoffman, and Jill Marin. School Board members absent: none.
1. Motion to approve agenda as presented. Motion carried 7-0.
2. Motion to approve Consent Agenda as presented. Motion carried 7-0.
3. Reports presented by Board members Hoffman, Marin, Dieser, Nelson, Skaar, Klatt, Olson, teacher representative, and Superintendent Funk.
4. Motion to approve resolution to terminate and non-renew the teaching contract of probationary teachers. Motion carried 7-0.
5. Motion to approve resolution placing staff member on unrequested leave of absence. Motion carried 7-0.
6. Motion to approve accepting Compass Group USA, Inc. (Chartwells) proposal to the food service management request for proposal as presented by Jennifer Walsh. Motion carried 7-0.
7. Motion to approve results of the request for proposal for Third-Party Administration of health insurance and stop-loss providers as presented. Motion carried 7-0.
8. Motion to approve 2022-2023 health insurance premiums as presented. Motion carried 7-0.
9. Motion to approve results of the dental insurance request for proposal. Motion carried 7-0.
10. Update presented on clinic RFP.
11. Motion to approve the proposal from MSBA for Executive Search Services. Motion carried 7-0.
12. Motion to close regular meeting pursuant to M.S.sec.13D.03 to discuss labor negotiations. In favor: Skaar, Nelson, Klatt, Dieser, Olson, Hoffman; against: Marin. Motion carried 6-1 (Marin against). Marin left meeting at 7:03 p.m.
13. Motion to come out of closed session. Motion carried 6-0.
Adjourned at 7:35 p.m.
Dave Klatt, Clerk
The above is an unofficial summary of meeting proceedings. Complete approved minutes are available at www.alschools.org and available in the Superintendent’s Office, 211 West Richway Drive.