Weekend Planner: Golfers prep for ShortstopPublished 9:34am Thursday, August 30, 2012
The 85th annual Shortstop golf tournament will start this Saturday at Green Lea Golf Course in Albert Lea.recall
It begins with a round of stroke play to determine flights and is limited to the first 128 paid entries. The top 16 will enter the championship flight, which is 18-hole matches Sunday and Monday.
Prizes will be awarded to the first, second, third, fourth and consolation spot in each flight. Non-qualifier flights will play 9-hole matches Sunday and Monday.
All players and their guests are invited to the special event at 8 p.m. Saturday. Dinners will be available Saturday and Sunday, but reservations are preferred.
• The 85th annual Shortstop golf tournament begins at Green Lea Golf Course.
• The Moose Lodge will host a Moose Dunk from noon to 5 p.m. at the Moose Lodge. The public is invited to dunk Moose members. Proceeds go to the Women of the Moose and the hospice program at Mayo Clinic Health System in Albert Lea.
• The 85th annual Shortstop golf tournament continues at Green Lea Golf Course.
• A Dad’s Belgian waffle breakfast will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Fairlane Building at the Freeborn County Fairgrounds. Cost is $7 for adults, $5 for children, ages 5 and younger are free.
• The 85th annual Shortstop golf tournament continues for its last day at Green Lea Golf Course.
• The Bayside skiers will host a ski show at 1:30 p.m. at Edgewater Bay.