County leaders’ salaries on risePublished 11:20am Thursday, December 13, 2012
Freeborn County employees, including elected officials, will see an increase in their salaries in 2013.
Freeborn County commissioners on Tuesday approved a 1.75 percent increase in salaries for non-union employees, following in suit with the same increase approved at a prior meeting for employees under the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees union.
Freeborn County Administrator John Kluever said the county is still in negotiation with the Teamsters union and the Minnesota Public Employees Association, of which members of the Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office and jail are a part.
The following salaries were approved for elected officials:
• $96,800 for County Attorney Craig Nelson. This is an increase over his 2012 salary of $95,128.
• $58,150 for County Recorder Kelly Callahan. This was an increase over his 2012 salary of $56,610.
• $81,850 for County Sheriff Bob Kindler. Kindler received $78,000 in 2012.
• $62,500 for appointed Auditor-Treasurer Pat Martinson. This will be Martinson’s first year in the position.
• $22,674 for the commissioners. This is the same salary they each received in 2012.