Applications for Farm Family of the Year will be acceptedPublished 5:41am Sunday, February 3, 2013
The Albert Lea-Freeborn County Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications for the Farm Family of the Year.
Selection criteria includes:
• Full-time farmer (majority of income must come from farming)
• Farmed for at least five years
• Be involved in community organizations
• No previous award recipients
• Able to attend recognition program in August at Farmfest and participate in Freeborn County farm family recognition in March.
The Albert Lea-Freeborn County Chamber of Commerce Agriculture Committee and the University of Minnesota Extension Service sponsor this award. Applications will be accepted until Feb. 22 and can be picked up at the Chamber office located at the Northbridge Mall, the Freeborn County Extension Office or downloaded at www.albertlea.org/farm.pdf.