Fire sends woman to hospital

Published 10:03 am Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A 50-year-old woman was transported by Albert Lea Medical Center ambulance early Sunday morning after a fire started in her apartment at 201 Central Ave. in Hollandale.

Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office reports stated the fire was started from someone who fell asleep while smoking in bed. Reports did not indicate if the woman who was transported was the person who started the fire.

Officials would not release the name of the woman.

Email newsletter signup

The Freeborn County dispatch center received the call at 5:58 that morning.

Reports indicated the managers of the apartment were able to extinguish most of the fire with a garden hose before the fire department arrived.

The Hollandale Fire Department, Clarks Grove Fire Department and Hollandale First Responders were at the scene.

The American Red Cross was also called in to provide assistance.