USC/AC’s Koenen ties at 3rd in state
Published 9:00 am Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Cody Koenen of the United South Central/Alden-Conger Rebels completed his high school track career at the state track and field competition last Saturday.
Koenen went high enough to place third, but had to settle for 10th place as 3rd through 10th place all cleared 6 feet 2 inches.
The places had to be determined by the number of misses each competitor had at the various heights.
Email newsletter signup
“At this level, there isn’t much separating the competitors,” said USC/AC track coach Kent Viesselman.
“The number of misses is always very important at both the section and state meets, but I don’t remember ever seeing eight competitors at the same height before. We can truthfully say that only two jumpers went higher than Cody.”
Koenen, a senior, will be attending the University of Minnesota in the fall.
High jump results, Class A
1. Austin Dennis WalkHackAke 6-7
2. Aaron Wubben Central Minnesot 6-6
3. Isaac Tapp Stewartville 6-2
4. Chase Montgomery PlainviewElgMill 6-2
5. Tim Myles Int’l Falls 6-2
5. Quin Leaf HowLkWavWin 6-2
7. Randy Juell Redwood Valley 6-2
8. Patrick Thompson BagleyFoss 6-2
9. Brian Huber StaplesMot 6-2
10. Cody Koenen USC/AC 6-2
11. Shawn Filipiak Int’l Falls 6-0
11. Jalen Jaspers DeLaSalle 6-0
11. Brandon Zylstra NewLondSpicer 6-0
11. Tyler Schiroo Glencoe-Silv 6-0
15. Beau Kashmark WestCentral 5-10
— Andrew Knott WaterMayer NH