Published 9:25 am Thursday, September 16, 2010
House catches fire
A house at 209 2nd Ave. S. caught fire just before 1:30 a.m. this morning after the service to the house reportedly malfunctioned and started fire underneath the siding on the outside of the house, according to an Albert Lea Fire Department spokesman. The damage was contained to a small area outside of the house.
Van broken into
Email newsletter signup
A GMC van was reported broken into at 821 Plaza St. at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to police.
A hit-and-run crash was reported in the Albert Lea Medical Center parking lot off of Water Street at 5:08 p.m. Wednesday.