Dryer catches fire at business

Published 9:05 am Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A product dryer caught fire at Merrick’s of Minnesota, 517 Adams Ave., at 10:15 p.m. Monday.

An Albert Lea Fire Department spokesman said the fire was contained to the steel dryer inside the building, and the company’s sprinkler system actually extinguished the fire.

Damage estimates are at about $30,000.

Email newsletter signup

No one was injured.

One injured in crash

One person was transported after a semi versus car crash near the intersection of 820th Avenue and 140th Street in Glenville at 5:31 p.m. Monday, according to Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office reports. No other information was available as of press time.

Windows broken out of car

Car windows were reported broken out of an automobile at 913 Bridge Ave. at 10:04 p.m. Monday. The police report stated a baseball bat or a large pipe was believed to have been used to break the windows.

The windshield of the same car was reported broken out at 12:44 a.m. today, according to police reports.

Harassment reported

Albert Lea police responded to a report of harassment at 2400 Consul St. Saturday at 10:03 a.m. A report was filed.