Home damaged after basement fire

Published 2:07 pm Saturday, November 27, 2010

The basement of a house on Third Street in Albert Lea was reportedly damaged by fire Friday night after a failure in the electrical panel in the house.

Albert Lea Fire Capt. Mark Light said firefighters received a call of the fire at 9:10 p.m. Friday at 212 E. Third St. The fire was contained to the basement of the house, mainly damaging the immediate area around the panel.

Light said the home is without power and its wiring will probably have to be replaced.

Email newsletter signup

The family is being assisted by the Freeborn County chapter of the American Red Cross.