You Can Help

Published 9:00 am Saturday, November 3, 2012

The following are some of the volunteer opportunities currently open in Freeborn County. If you can help with any of them or would like to volunteer for other things, call Pat Stumme, Retired and Senior Volunteer Program director, at Senior Resources, 377-7433.

Tree decorating: Do you like to decorate for the holidays? Help plan and decorate a tree for the Albert Lea Art Center holiday display.  RSVP/Senior Resources can have a tree if you and several friends will help. This can be scheduled to fit your preference and needs to be done before Thanksgiving. Please call Pat at 377-7433 to give Senior Resources and RSVP a presence this holiday.

Tax aide: Looking ahead to 2013, AARP Tax Aide needs five more people with computer skills who can help elderly and low- to moderate-income people complete and file their tax returns. Training from Bruce Owens is the third week in January. Volunteers are supervised in the Senior Resources Office as they meet there with individual appointments in February, March and April. Schedules vary among several types of activities needed so volunteers can work into it gradually.  Your time requirement is up to four hours a week.

Email newsletter signup

RSVP, a program of Senior Resources of Freeborn County, receives some funding through the United Way of Freeborn County, the Minnesota Board on Aging and the Corporation for National and Community Service.