Fire burns house; family without home

Published 9:34 am Monday, December 3, 2012

GLENVILLE — A family of four is without a home today after their home caught fire Sunday night.

According to Freeborn County sheriff’s reports, a house belonging to Shelly Saltou of 481 Hillcrest Drive burned. The report came in at 10:50 p.m. Sunday and cited the cause as a wood stove in the residence.

They were offered a place to stay by the American Red Cross but stayed with friends, the report said.

Email newsletter signup

Fire departments from Glenville and Hayward responded, along with a fire investigation team from the Albert Lea Fire Department.

Look to the Tribune for updates.