Glenville primes for town festival
Published 11:18 am Thursday, June 6, 2013
GLENVILLE — This community five miles southeast of Albert Lea will hold its town festival Friday through Sunday.
Evening entertainment on Friday will be Glenville’s Got Talent at 7 p.m. Registration begins at 6:30 p.m. on Main Street and the cost is $5. Prizes will be awarded. The show will be followed by a street dance from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. with music by Grizzly Sound.
The evening entertainment on Saturday will be Arch Allies. The show starts on the Main Street stage at 8:30 p.m., and the band will play until 12:30 a.m. Tickets are $8 in advance or $10 at the door. Gates open at 6 p.m.
Email newsletter signup
Food and drink vendors will be available both Friday and Saturday. Vendors include Daisy’s Diner, Mini Donuts of Northwood, Tailgater’s, the Glenville American Legion, Mozes Gyro Shoppe and the Keg Wagon.
On Saturday, the River Run/Walk will start at the park at 8 a.m. Same day registration will begin at 7 a.m. The cost is $12. The parade is scheduled for 10 a.m. and will be followed by several activities around town including the Little King and Queen Contest at the tennis court.
The 2013 contestants are Annabelle Allen, daughter of Robert and Emmylou Allen; Ava Avelar, daughter of Travis and Amy Avelar; Claire Bottelson, daughter of Eric and Dacia Bottelson; Ava Heggestad, daughter of Sara and Lynn Heggestad; Aliyah Heideman, the daughter of Mike and Sherry Heideman; Riley Jepson, son of Chris and Christina Jepson; Lindsey Ladwig, daughter of Greg and Jenny Ladwig; Jake Mauer, son of Eric and Jill Mauer; and Jarek Woods, son of Brandon Woods and Daisy Woods.
The festivities will end Sunday with a community church service at First Lutheran Church at 9 a.m.
See the schedule for a complete list of activities and times.
Schedule of events
• Scholarship supper steak fry, 5 to 7:30 p.m., American Legion
• Glenville trivia contest, 5 to 7 p.m.
• Silent auction, 5 to 7 p.m.
• Co-ed softball tournament, 6 p.m., Glenville Beach
• Medallion hunt begins, 7 p.m., Main Street
• Glenville’s Got Talent, 7 p.m.
• Street dance with music by Grizzly Sounds, 8:30 to 12:30 p.m., Main Street
• River Run/Walk, 8 a.m. start time, same-day registration at 7 a.m.
• Co-ed softball tournament, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Glenville Beach
• Parade, 10 a.m.
• Little king and queen contest, 11 a.m., tennis courts
• Medallion clues, 11 a.m., park gazebo
• Barbecue pork lunch, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., park (rain site is First Lutheran Church
• Smiley train, face painting, hairdos, clown, magician, ring toss, inflatable jumpers, bingo, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Big Ben & The Brians, 12-12:30 p.m., park
• Dodgeball tournament, 12:30 p.m., sign up is Friday night on Main Street or Saturday at 11 a.m. at the park
• Bingo, 1 to 3 p.m., park
• Food concessions by local nonprofits and clubs, 1 to 5 p.m., park
• WFLA Lodge No. 44 Brick Hall bike give-away, 2 p.m., tennis court
• Bean bag tournament, 3 p.m., tennis court
• Food vendors open on Main Street, 6 p.m.
• Arch Allies, 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., Main Street stage, gates open at 6 p.m.