House damaged by smoke

Published 9:12 am Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Hollandale house received major smoke damage Tuesday afternoon after some insulation in the attic was found to be smoldering, according to the Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office.

The home, at 100 N. Hague Ave., was owned by Stephanie Loverink.

Reports stated some electrical work had recently been completed at the house and was believed to have started the insulation on fire.

Email newsletter signup

There was minimal structural damage.